Harris classification of acetabular fractures
The Harris classification of acetabular fractures is based on definitions of acetabular walls and columns that differ from the Judet and Letournel classification .
The Judet and Letournel classification is more widely used and is applicable to both CT and plain radiographs, whereas, the Harris classification is applicable to CT only .
The Harris classification defines acetabular fractures in four categories :
- category 0: anterior wall or posterior wall only
- category 1: single-column fractures
- category 2: both columns (i.e. transverse)
- 2a: no extension
- 2b: superior extension
- 2c: inferior extension
- 2d: superior and inferior extension
- category 3: acetabular dissociated from the axial skeleton