with a cough after bone marrow transplant. CXR AP and lateral (above) shows a round opacity on the lateral view posteriorly projecting over a mid-thoracic vertebral body. Axial CT without contrast of the chest shows a cavitary lesion in the superior segment of the right lower lobe that has a halo sign peripherally with the parenchymal density surrounded by an irregular ground glass density and an air crescent sign with an area of central necrosis detached from the wall of the lesion.The diagnosis was invasive aspergillosis.
invasive aspergillosis • Airway invasive aspergillosis - Ganzer Fall bei Radiopaedia
pulmonary aspergillosis • Invasive aspergillosis - Ganzer Fall bei Radiopaedia
suppressed school ager with a fever. CXR AP (above) shows a triangular appearing lesion in the right middle lobe. Axial CT with contrast of the lung (below) shows a thick walled cavitary lesion in the right lower lobe that contains debris.The diagnosis was invasive aspergillosis.
CXR and CT of
invasive aspergillosis: Teenager on chemotherapy with fever. CXR on day 8 of the fever (above left) shows opacities in the left upper lobe and right middle lobe. Axial CT without contrast of the chest on day 13 of the fever (above right) shows parenchymal opacities surrounded by irregular ground glass density (halo sign). CXR on day 20 of the fever (below left) shows interval cavitation of the bilateral lung lesions which on axial CT with contrast of the chest on day 34 of the fever (below right) shows central necrosis in the lesions which is detached from the wall (air crescent sign).
Invasive aspergillosis is a form of pulmonary aspergillosis seen in patients with decreased immunity. It comprises a number of entities that are discussed individually:
- subacute invasive pulmonary aspergillosis (previously known as chronic necrotizing aspergillosis (CNA) or semi-invasive aspergillosis)
- airway invasive aspergillosis (or bronchopneumonic aspergillosis)
- angioinvasive aspergillosis
- angioinvasive pulmonale Aspergillose
- pulmonale Aspergillose
- semi-invasive aspergillosis
- invasive pulmonale Aspergillose
- bronchopneumonic aspergillosis
- Allergische bronchopulmonale Aspergillose
- obstructive bronchopulmonary aspergillosis
- airway invasive aspergillosis
- angioinvasive cerebral aspergillosis
- differential of an air crescent sign
- invasive tracheal aspergillosis
- bronchopericardial fistula and pericarditis as complications of invasive pulmonary aspergillosis
- bronchopericardial fistula