A MitraClip™ is a device for percutaneous mitral valve repair. It is a percutaneous edge-to-edge attachment system that mimics the surgical procedure. This technique creates a tissue bridge between the anterior and posterior leaflets employing one clip deployed through trans-septal catheterization.
It is sometimes offered for patients suffering from severe symptomatic mitral regurgitation where surgery may not be possible due to inherent risks and other comorbidities (particularly for the elderly with comorbidities ).
They present as small metallic devices overlying the expected position of the mitral valve.
- thorakale Implantate / Devices
- Mitraclip an der Trikuspidalklappe
- Carillon Mitral Contour System (Cardiac Dimensions)
- Clip Thorax Herz
- mitraclip device MRI safety
- transcatheter mitral valve implantation (TMVI)
- PASCAL transcatheter mitral valve repair system
- Mitralix Ltd. Mistral System device