RANZCR part 1 examination
The RANZCR part 1 examination is a series of four papers covering anatomy and physics and are a requirement to advance into the third year of radiology training in the Australian and New Zealand radiology training program.
Since September 2013 the exams have been delivered electronically. They are held twice a year and can be sat in either Sydney or Perth in Australia, or Auckland in New Zealand.
The RANZCR website contains up to date information on the format of the exam here.
There are two anatomy papers and two applied imaging technology (physics) papers held over two days of testing:
- anatomy paper 1
- 15 "short answer" style questions
- anatomy paper 2
- eight questions, each with three subparts
- applied imaging technology paper 1
- 10 "short answer" style questions
- applied imaging technology paper 2
- 100 multiple choice questions (best answer of five stems)
Note: details correct at time of writing. Please check with RANZCR for updated details.