European Society of Radiology
The European Society of Radiology (ESR) was formed in 2005 from the amalgamation of the European Congress of Radiology (ECR) and the European Association of Radiology (EAR). By membership it is the largest radiological society in the world, it currently has over 121,000 members (2020) from 182 countries. Its annual meeting, the European Congress of Radiology (ECR), is held annually in March in Vienna.
The current Chairperson of the ESR Board of Directors is Lorenzo E Derchi.
Chairpersons of the ESR Board of Directors
- 2019-2020: Lorenzo E Derchi
- 2018-2019: Bernd Hamm
- 2017-2018: Paul M Parizel
- 2016-2017: Katrine Riklund
- 2015-2016: Luis Donoso
- 2014-2015: Lorenzo Bonomo
- 2013-2014: Guy Frija
- 2012-2013: Gabriel P Krestin
- 2011-2012: András Palkó
- 2010-2011: Maximilian F Reiser
- 2009-2010: Christian J Herold
- 2008-2009: Iain W McCall
- 2007-2008: Andreas Adam
- 2005-2007: Nicholas Gourtsoyiannis
The European Society of Radiology publishes several academic journals:
- European Radiology: flagship journal
- Insights into Imaging: open-access, education articles, founded 2010
- European Radiology Experimental: open-access founded 2016
- every year the European Society of Radiology holds its European Congress of Radiology (ECR) in Vienna, Austria in March.