Aortic aneurysm is a focal or diffuse dilatation of the aorta involving all three layers of the aortic wall. Most of the aneurysms are caused by atherosclerosis whilst trauma, infection and genetic syndromes are other causes.
The broad term aortic aneurysm is usually reserved for pathology discussion. More specific anatomic and radiologic discussion is based on the location of the aneurysm:
- thorakales Aortenaneurysma
- rupturiertes Bauchaortenaneurysma
- inflammatorisches Aortenaneurysma
- Leitlinie Aortenaneurysma
- Klassifikation Aortenaneurysma
- Interventionelle Therapie Aortenaneurysma