Branches of the external carotid artery (mnemonic)
Mnemonics for the branches of the external carotid artery abound. A few colorful examples include:
- Some American Ladies Found Our Pyramids Most Satisfactory
- Some Anatomists Like Freaking Out Poor Medical Students
- She Always Likes Friends Over Papa, Mama, and Sister
There are many many many other mnemonics, many of which are not suitable for inclusion on Radiopaedia.org on account of foul language, inappropriate imagery or reprehensible stereotypes.
- S: superior thyroid artery
- A: ascending pharyngeal artery
- L: lingual artery
- F: facial artery
- O: occipital artery
- P: posterior auricular artery
- M: maxillary artery
- S: superficial temporal artery
Above sequence may be altered and also be remembered as "FLOP MASS".