Calcified pulmonary densities (differential)
Calcified pulmonary (lung parenchymal) densities can occur in a number of conditions.
- healed varicella pneumonia
- pulmonary alveolar microlithiasis
- occupational lung diseases
See the main article on calcified pulmonary nodules.
Large nodules or masses
- metastatic pulmonary malignancy
- primary lung cancer (5-10%)
- non-malignant metastatic pulmonary calcification
- renal failure
- non-parenchymal pulmonary amyloidosis
- multiple pulmonary chondromas (e.g. with Carney triad)
- granulomatous disease