Angiosarkom des Herzens
Please refer to the article on angiosarcomas for a general discussion about this entity.
They occur slightly more frequently in males.
Two main morphologic types have been described in angiosarcoma:
- CT shows a low-attenuation right atrial mass, which may be irregular or nodular (usually arises from the right atrial free wall)
- contrast material enhancement is heterogeneous
- pericardial space may be obliterated with hemorrhagic, necrotic tumor debris
Treatment and prognosis
Prognosis is poor, which may be due in part to the delay in diagnosis (patients usually have metastatic involvement at presentation).
- HIV associated neoplasms
- Tumoren des Herzens
- primäre maligne Neoplasien des Herzens
- Tumoren des rechten Vorhofs